Friday, May 13, 2011

Misinterpretations

With all the technology that is out there now, people hardly chat face to face anymore. If it wasn't for profile pictures we might actually forget what our friends looked like. More and more people rely on text messaging and emails to get in touch with people and this..my friends...can cause some problems. Let me explain...





Emotions are not conveyed in text or emails. Heck, if it weren't for the emoticons that people have come up with, we could be portrayed as a sack of potatoes, and this...is no good. Here are some examples of things that are misinterpreted in written text.

"...ok" -----Wait, are you mad?? Why the ... what did I say to upset you??
"oh, ok" ----what?? Is this not the answer that you expected to come from me??
"I DONT THINK SO?"  -----Why are you screaming at me? Why are you so angry?
"ok I suppose" -----That was a yes or no question wth
"huh?" ----- what part did you not understand, do you want me to repeat everything I just said or do you need more english lessons?
"sure" ----sure?? Do you want to or not?!
"....IDK" ----- Can i just have a better explaination please?!

As you can see, it is easy to get upset/irritated/want to throw something at someone for their response. Really, only the person who sends the message knows its true meaning and the deciphering is up to us. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment